Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Splendid Blog Is Guaranteed For All
Creamsickos
I Am The Good Prince Lancelot/I Love to Sing and Dance a Lot
I’m Not Hungry, I’ll Just Blog
Jascha Heifetz Is Really a Schmuck*


*It’s true! “Schmuck” is the Yiddish word for penis. It’s derived from the German, in which “schmuck” means jewel. And the Hebrew word for “jewel” is “heifetz”! So Jascha Heifetz is really a Schmuck.**

**At least, I heard it someplace and never bothered to verify. That qualifies as true, right?***

***OK, I finally looked it up and it’s not true. Most likely, the Yiddish word "schmuck" is unrelated to the German word "schmuck." And "Heifetz" means "delight," not "jewel," in Hebrew. Stupid etymologists. What schmucks.

3 comments:

Jovianne said...

Gummy Bears & Drunken Smurfs Blogging On The Rainbow Road & Gumdrops.

Grammarian@mindspring.com said...

You tryin' to make me throw up??

Jovianne said...

Naaahhh....... Just tryin' to sweeten your day. *gag*